Celery Salad / Insalata di Sedano
Poor celery is almost an afterthought in most salads, but in this salad it is the star.
Serves 4 to 6
- 12 ribs celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- Sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1 small head radicchio shredded
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, shaved
- Put celery in ice water and let stand 30 minutes to crisp; drain, and dry the pieces.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and shallots in a small bowl, add salt and pepper.
- Toss radicchio with 3 tablespoons of the dressing and arrange on a platter. Toss celery with the remaining dressing and scatter over the radicchio. Sprinkle the shaved cheese over the top.
No comments on this recipe.