Chef Bill Bradley's Chestnut Honey Roasted Pear & Raspberry Crostata with Gelato
- INGREDIENTSThe Pears and Rasberries
- 2 pears, stemmed, cored and halved.
- 1/4 cup chestnut honey (if not available, substitute another rich, dark-flavored honey)
- 1 cup of fresh rasberries (approx.)
- 10-15 Coat whole pears with chestnut honey and roast in 350F oven on bake sheet with butterminutes or until soft. Slice, place in bowl and set aside.Simple Pastry Dough
- 2 cups King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 In a bowl, mix the flours, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and work it in until the mixture is the texture of coarse cornmeal. Add the beaten egg and just enough water to make a pliable dough. Do not over mix. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate forhour or overnight before using.
- DIRECTIONSMaking the Crostata
- Roll out dough, place six-inch bowl over top and cut around to make circle.
- Place cake crumbs onto circle. Fan out the sliced, roasted pears on top. Sprinkle with raspberries. Bring up edges to hold juices in. Top with simple strips of lattice pastery. Apply egg wash, sprinkle with turbinado sugar and dot with additional butter. Bake at 425F 20-25 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Making the Spuma
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 tbs chestnut honey
- A drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar (Rubbio)
- Combine cream, honey & Parmigiano Reggiano in a bowl over boiling water and melt to a smooth cream, then strain into a shallow dish. Drizzle with the aged balsamic vinegar. Freeze overnight
- To serve, scoop it as you would a small scoop of gelato and serve on top of the crostata.
This recipe was featured on Season 14 - Episode 1410.
No comments on this recipe.