Chicken Cutlet with Marinated Mushrooms
- MARINATED MUSHROOMS
- 1 pound small white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 pound boneless chicken cutlets, cut into serving size pieces
- Flour for dredging
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Bread crumbs
- Canola oil for frying
- Arugola leaves
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, then coat them in egg, and cover with bread crumbs.Set in a single layer on a tray.
- Heat the oil in sauté pan to a depth of 1-inch.Fry the cutlets on both sides until golden.
- Arrange a bed of arugola leaves that have been lightly dressed with olive oil and salt on a serving platter.Lay the chicken pieces on top of the arugola.Top each serving with two or three mushrooms and a cippoline onion.
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons rosemary needles
- 6 tosmall cippoline onions, peeled, and a small incision made in the stem end of each
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and slit
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Make a small incision in the cap of each mushroom, but not all the way through. Place them in a pot with the water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer the mushrooms for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt and sugar in the same pot used to simmer the mushrooms. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the tarragon, rosemary, cippoline, garlic, peppercorns, allspice and fennel seeds.
- Place the mushrooms in sterilized pint or quart jars. Slowly pour in the marinade to cover. Cap and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
No comments on this recipe.