Chickpea Salad with Black Olives / Insalata Marinata di Ceci e Olive
My mother adored chickpeas and had cans of them stacked in her pantry for all kinds of dishes. She always said that if you had a can of chickpeas, you had dinner. One of her classic dishes was marinated chickpea salad with mint, onions and black olives. Mom liked using canned black olives but I prefer oil cured.
- 1 can chickpeas, well rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped oil cured black olives
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- In a medium size bowl combine the chickpeas, onion, and olives and toss together.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Correct seasoning if needed. Sprinkle the mint over the salad and toss again.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2023.