- 4 ouncesbittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- Pinch salt
- 6 whole dried figs, rehydrated in orange liqueur or brandy (decoration for top of cake)
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a gentle boil. Using a wire whisk, stir in the honey. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and let the mixture stand for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Cover the surface of the glaze with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened but still pourable.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and spread with a spatula; decorate the top with whole dried figs that have been soaked in orange liqueur or brandy.
- Feel free to vary the fruit decoration when using this glaze with other cake recipes.
No comments on this recipe.