Chocolate Wafer Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Having a birthday in August? Or just a get-together? Don’t bake! Make this chocolate wafer cookie ice cream cake; it is my son Chris’ favorite.
- 9 Line axinch pan with aluminum foil with an overhang ofinches.
- 3 boxes Nabisco Chocolate Cookie wafers
- 1/2 gallon of your favorite ice cream flavor, softened
- Whipped cream
- Fresh whole strawberries for garnish
- Line the bottom of the pan with a layer of the cookies, breaking a few to fit into the edges if necessary.
- Spread a layer of ice cream over the cookies.
- Repeat making two more layers or however many your pan will accommodate, ending with a top layer of cookies. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and freeze until needed.
- 15 minutes before serving remove the cake from the freezer. Whip the cream. Grab the overhanging foil on the sides of the pan and lift out the ice cream cake. Place it on a serving platter. Decorate the top with whipped cream and place the strawberries randomly on top to make a design.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife and serve.
No comments on this recipe.