Christmas Salad / Insalata della Natale
This wonderful Christmas salad has been in Ruth Moore’s family for many years. Pomegranate seeds give it a really holiday look and their sweet tart taste adds texture and loads of vitamin C. So present this delicious salad on your holiday table this year — and thank Ruth for making it possible.
- 2 heads hearts of romaine lettuce, leaves washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 head Belgian endive, leaves separated, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 small head radicchio, leaves separated, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 large pomegranate, cut into quarters, seeds removed from membrane
- 1 large mango, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t celery salt
- 1/4 t ground pepper
- 1/2 t dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Making it several hours ahead or even a few days ahead of time will allow the flavor to develop.
- When ready to serve, place all the salad ingredients except the walnuts in a salad bowl. Pour half of the dressing over the top and toss to mix well. Sprinkle on the walnuts and serve. Pass additional dressing at the table.
No comments on this recipe.