Ciabatta Salami and Parmigiano Cheese Sandwich
- My favorite Italian sandwich is very simple. I make small ciabatta, using Carol Field's recipe from her book THE ITALIAN BAKER, panini size.
- Split and drizzle Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil, the fruitier, the better, over each piece of ciabatta.
- Slice good quality hard imported salami as thinly as possible. Place the salami in overlapping rows on the dread. Drizzle just a bit of oil on top of the salami.
- Top the salami with thin slices of Parmigiano cheese. Use a cheese slicer to produce thin slices; do not use grated cheese.
- Drizzle a bit more oil on top of the cheese. Enjoy immediately.
- Note: You can also add marinated chopped olives, tapenade, etc., but I like the simple version best. You can also make a big sandwich and slice it into individual pieces.
- Note: Use ciabatta. It is a thin bread, but chock full of flavor. Focaccia is too bready for this sandwich.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1507.
No comments on this recipe.