Endive, Radicchio & Escarole & Pecorino Cheese /
Serves 6 to 8
The flavor of this colorful salad, a combination of three kinds of chicory (cicoria), is enhanced by the addition of Pecorino (sheep’s milk) cheese embedded with black peppercorns.
- 2 heads Belgian endive, washed, dried, and cut into julienne strips
- 1 small head radicchio, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 1/4 pound escarole, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 ounces Pecorino cheese with black peppercorns, diced
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Place all the greens in a salad bowl. Add the olive oil and toss well. Add the vinegar and toss again. Sprinkle the cheese and salt over the top and toss again. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1510.
No comments on this recipe.