Fennel, Radicchio and Mozzarella Salad
This light and refreshing salad is the perfect accompaniment to a hearty meatball soup. Saving time: Many salad greens like radicchio can be found in the produce section already washed and bagged and ready to serve
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt or to taste
- 1 medium fennel bulb, washed, dried and thinly sliced
- 1 small head radicchio, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 4 ounce ball fior di latte, cubed
- Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet just until they begin to brown; this will take about 2 minutes. Transfer the nuts to small bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, and salt in a salad bowl large enough to accommodate the salad ingredients. Combine the fennel, radicchio and fior di latte in the bowl and toss well to coat the mixture with the dressing. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top and serve.
No comments on this recipe.