Fennel, Radicchio, and Orange Salad / Insalata di Finocchio, Radicchio e Arance
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt or to taste
- Coarse balck pepper to taste
- 1 small fennel bulb, washed, dried and thinly sliced
- 1 small head radicchio, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 2 large blood or navel oranges, peeled, segmented, and cut in half
- Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat just until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer the nuts to small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a jar. Set aside. Toss the fennel, radicchio and oranges in a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1520.