Filomena's Tomato Sauce / Salsa alla Filomena
The sauce has a bit of heat from the hot pepper; use as much as you and your family like.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 clove garlic (leave whole)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup small whole basil leaves or 4 — 5 large leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or canned plum tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh or roasted cherry tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan and then add the onion, garlic, parsley, basil, and tomatoes. Slit the chili pepper and squeeze the seeds into the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the garlic clove and either refrigerate the sauce until ready to use or keep warm until pasta is cooked.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1501.
No comments on this recipe.