Fried Cardoons / Cardi Fritti
Cardoons have always been a favorite in Italy; now they are more readily available here, too! Try some soon!
- 3 pounds cardoons, peeled and cut into two inch lengths
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Olive or Canola oil to fry
- 2 Juice oflemons
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Place the cardoons in a large pot and add 2 tablespoons of salt, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain, dry, dip in eggs, then dredge in flour.
- Heat olive or canola oil in a sauté pan and fry them until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with lemon juice and grated cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2018.