Gianfranco Marrocco's / Insalata Caprese
Serves approximately 4 people
- 1 INGREDIENTStbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper for taste.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes (cut into half)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella (cherry size)
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- DIRECTIONSIn a large mixing bowl, add all three vinegars and extra virgin olive oil together and whisk. Add a large pinch of kosher salt and a small pinch of black pepper; whisk together with extra virgin olive oil and vinegars. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add grape tomatoes and fresh mozzarella to dressing.
- Make sure fresh mozzarella is drained well of any water. Tear the basil leaves into small pieces. Add to mixture and toss everything all together. Once again, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1625.
No comments on this recipe.