Grilled Red Pepper Salad
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 large sweet red peppers, charred under the broiler, skins removed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 bocconcini or small mozzarella balls cut into quarters
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese in a chunk, cubed
- 1 large romaine, leaves separated and left whole
- 1 small radicchio, leaves separated and left whole
- Place the pepper strips in a bowl and combine them with the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Allow to marinate about 30 minutes.
- Line a platter with the lettuce leaves overlapping them with the radicchio leaves. Arrange the pepper strips among the leaves. Divide and add the cheeses among the pepper strips. Pour any of the pepper juice marinade left in the bowl over the salad. Serve.
- Variation; add whole black oil cured olives to the platter. Serve with crusty bread.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1517.
No comments on this recipe.