Kale, Plum and Nectarine Salad
Kale in soup, as a side dish, oven roasted for chips and kale salad are some of the ways I use up this vitamin K rich vegetable. For a really healthy lunch, how about a kale salad combined with plums and nectarines.
- 3 cups kale, broken into btie size pieces, washed and dried
- 1 large ripe nectarine, sliced
- 2 ripe plums sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- Salt to taste
- Place kale, nectarine, plums and almonds in salad bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over the salad and toss well to combine. Check for seasoning. Serve at room temperature
- Recipe courtesy Mary Ann Esposito, Inc.
No comments on this recipe.