Little Ricotta Cheese Balls/Ballotte di Ricotta Piemontesi
- 6 Oneounce can tuna in olive oil
- 7 ounces well-drained ricotta
- 6 ounces robiola cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs, mashed
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers in salt, well rinsed
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Medium size bunch basil
- In a bowl mash the tuna with a fork; stir in the ricotta, robiola, eggs, lemon juice and zest, capers and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- With wet hands roll balls the size of hazelnuts and wrap each in a basil leave. Secure with a toothpick and place on a serving platter.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2406.