Little Veal Suitcases / Valigette di Vitello
- INGREDIENTS1 pound veal cutlets cut from the top round into 6-inch lenghts
- 1/4 pound salame
- 1/4 pound mortadella
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup chicken broth
- Lemons for garnish
- Basil, Parsley, Marjoram, & Thyme, garnish
- DIRECTIONSPound the veal slices to an even thickness not more than 1/8th-inch thick.
- Process the salame and mortadella together in a food processor until it is a paste consistency. transfer it to a bowl and stir in the egg, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide and spread the mixture on the veal slices. Roll them up from the short end into bundles.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan and when it begins to bubble add the bundles and the onions and cook until the meat is browned on all sides. Pour in the broth, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with some of the pan juices
This recipe was featured on Season 14 - Episode 1421.
No comments on this recipe.