Making good, moist meatballs still eludes many cooks. This became a theme of one of the shows in the Tuscan series and we invited home cooks to send us their favorite recipe. One that intrigued me was Lulu San Angelo’s meatballs made with ricotta cheese. I invited her to come to the studio and make them for our television audience
- 3/4 cup whole or skim milk ricotta cheese
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grinding coarse black pepper
- In a large bowl gently mix all the listed ingredients with wet hands and repeat occasionally as you form the meatballs to prevent them from sticking to your hands. Scoop up about 2/3 cup of the meat to make each one.
- Place the meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet lightly sprayed with olive oil and bake them in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through. Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 26 - Episode 2610.