Marinated Cauliflower Salad / Insalata Rinforzata
Cauliflower mixes well with a variety of raw vegetables especially in a colorful salad called Insalata Rinforzata ( reinforced salad) so called because even when it is leftover, things can be added to it that gives it new taste nuances.
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 medium head cauliflower, outer stems and core removed
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced green or black oil cured olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained and minced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes or 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and well rinsed.
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Break the cauliflower into very small uniform size florets. Rinse and drain well and set aside. Blanche 1 minute.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, wine vinegar, olives, onion, peppers, parsley, capers, tomatoes and chickpeas. Add the salt and toss well. Add the cauliflower and toss again, correcting the seasoning.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the salad to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Or make it ahead,
- refrigerate the salad overnight and bring it to room temperature to serve. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Marinated Cauliflower Salad / Insalata Rinforzata - Episode 505.
No comments on this recipe.