Mixed Greens with Citrus / Misticanza con gli Argrumi
Citrus salads are refreshing and a nice change from just a mixed green salad and they are especially welcome in winter, when salad greens are often not at their best.
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 blood orange or navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 6 cups mixed greens, such as arugula, endive, romaine & spinach, washed and spun dry
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup citrus juice
- Salt to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a shallow bowl. Add the grapefruit and orange segments to the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Place the greens in a salad bowl. Carefully pour the dressing and citrus over the greens. Gently toss to coat the leaves with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- Variation: When pomegranate seeds are available, sprinkle them over the dressed salad before serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1818.
No comments on this recipe.