Neapolitan Bread Salad / Insalata Napoletana
Nonna Galasso always found uses for stale bread; this salad is one of them.
- 1 1/2 cups or more red wine vinegar
- 3 cups toasted whole wheat bread cubes
- 2/3 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped oil cured black olives
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- Pour the vinegar into a bowl and dip the bread cubes quickly in it. Transfer the bread cubes to a salad bowl.
- Add the oil, capers, olives, parsley, onion, tomatoes, celery and salt and pepper. Toss to combine well.
- Allow to marinate covered at room temperature for several hours before serving. Toss the salad with the basil and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2005.
No comments on this recipe.