Neapolitan Stack Salad / Insalata alla Caprese
- 8 Twoounce balls buffalo mozzarella or fior di late, each cut into eight slices
- 4 large slightly greenish plum tomatoes, each cut into four slices
- 16 whole basil leaves, stemmed
- 6 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- On a platter make 4 stacks using 4 slices of tomatoes, 4 slices of mozzarella and 4 basil leaves for each stack. Begin with a tomato slice, top it with a mozzarella slice, then a basil leaf and repeat the process to make three more layers in each stack.
- In a small bowl whisk the oil with the vinegar and salt and drizzle it over the stacks.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2017.
No comments on this recipe.