Neapolitan Stack with Roasted Eggplant, Tomato and Burrata
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium eggplant, washed, dried, stemmed and cut into eight 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 large beef steak tomatoes, each cut intothick slices
- 2 balls fresh burrata, each cut in half
- Fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium size bowl and stir in the salt. Add the eggplant slices and toss them in the oil. Transfer them to a non stick baking sheet, arranged in a single layer.
- Bake them in a preheated oven until they begin to brown.
- Arrange one eggplant slice on each of 4 salad dishes. Add a tomato slice and repeat with another eggplant and tomato slice. Top with a slice of the burrata and a sprinkling of basil.
- Drizzle the tops with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2420.