Onion and Robiola Cheese Spread / Cipollata Rossa Monferrina
This zippy spread may be served as an antipasti or after the second course. Either way, it will wake up your taste buds.
- 1 large red pepper,halved and seeded
- 2 scallion bulbs,chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fresh Robiola cheese, chopped or diced
- Twelve 1/2-inch thick slices baguette type bread
- Preheat the broiler.
- Roast the pepper halves cut side down until blackened, about 10 minutes. Peel away skin when cool enough to handle.
- Add the pepper,scallion, cayenne, paprika, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and thesalt to the bowl of a food processor. Process to a smooth paste. Add the cheese and process again until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2hours.
- Grill the bread slices in a sauté pan or under the broiler and then brush with the remaining olive oil.
- Place bread on a serving dish and the cipollata in the center in a bowl. Spread the cipollata on the bread pieces and serve.
No comments on this recipe.