Orange Liqueur / Liquore di Arancia
Makes about 2 quarts
- 5 Ingredientsmedium naval oranges, washed and dried
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 quarts vodka
- 1 Zest oflemon
- One 6-inch cinnamon stick (or two 3-inch sticks)
- 2 allspice berries
- DIRECTIONSWith a wooden skewer, poke holes all over each orange. Place the oranges in a clean wide-mouth gallon-size jar and add the sugar and vodka. Cap the jar and shake well to dissolve the sugar. Add all the remaining ingredients and shake the jar again.
- Store in a cool place, shaking the jar every few weeks, for at least 8 months or up to 1 year.
- When ready to use, pour the liqueur into a cheesecloth-lined strainer set over a deep bowl. Squeeze each whole orange over the strainer. Discard the oranges, cinnamon stick, lemon zest, cloves, and allspice. Pour the liqueur into decorative bottles and cap them.
- Note: Substitute 8 lemons for oranges to make lemon liqueur.
This recipe was featured on Orange Liqueur / Liquore di Arancia - Episode 703.
great article ….. https://www.arancebiologichesicilia.it/product/arance-biologiche-sicilia/
You are very inspiring and i love to watch you easy and delicouis recipes. thank you for being part of my life on PBS CREATE