Pan Fried Shrimp - Episode 2622
SERVES 4 (or more if part of a buffet)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, patted dry with paper towels
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and pepper
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt, Lemon wedges, or Cocktail sauce
- Remove the shell and digestive track of the shrimp. Rinse and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Put the flour in a large bowl or paper bag and season it with salt and pepper. Gently toss the shrimp in the flour to coat them evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan to 375°F or until a bit of flour sizzles when dropped in. Place the shrimp in the pan in a single layer, taking care not to crowd them; this will ensure that they cook quickly and evenly. Turn the shrimp over when they begin to turn pink around the edges; this may need to be done in batches. Remove them with a slotted spoon when they are no longer opaque.
- Drain them on paper towels and keep warm until all are done.
- Arrange the shrimp on a heated platter. Serve with offerings of coarse sea salt, lemon wedges, cocktail sauce or any other garnish you and your family enjoy.
This recipe was featured on Season 26 - Episode 2622.
No comments on this recipe.