Peas and Eggs / Piselli e Uove
Peas and eggs. What’s so special about that?
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1/4 pound diced pancetta
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 thick slices semolina or sourdough type bread
- Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet. Stir in the pancetta. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes until the pancetta renders its fat and begins to crisp. Add the peas, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. With a wooden spoon, spread the peas evenly in the base of the skillet. Crack the eggs carefully over the top of the peas. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 4 to 6 minutes. The eggs should look poached with set center yolk and firm egg white.
- Serve hot accompanied with the bread slices
- Cook’s Secret: Organic eggs have superior flavor, are fresher, and higher in omega 3.
No comments on this recipe.