Pecorino Cheese Salad / Insalata Pecorino
- INGREDIENTSPreheat the oven to 325F.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound Marzolino or other young Tuscan Pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound aged Pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound Taleggio cheese, cut into small pieces
- 8 cured black olives, pitted and cut into thin rounds
- 2 cups washed mixed salad greens including arugola, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- DIRECTIONSBrush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in an 11x 8-inch Pyrex or similar baking dish.
- Mix the cheeses together in a bowl then transfer them to the baking dish. Sprinkle the olives over the cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake it about 5 minutes to allow the cheeses to melt. Remove the dish from the oven and keep warm.
- Toss the salad greens with the remaining olive oil, salt, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Transfer the greens to a serving platter. Carefully scoop the cheese mixture over the salad. Serve allowing each person to help themselves.
This recipe was featured on Season 13 - Episode 1320.
No comments on this recipe.