Potato Fritters / Frittelle di Patate
These golden-brown, crusty potato fritters have a wonderful Old World look about them, and making them always becomes a family affair. As soon as I make them, they are gone! Finely grating the potatoes allows the fritters to cook evenly and quickly.
- INGREDIENTS5 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds )
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- DIRECTIONSPeel the potatoes and grate fine. (You should have 3 cups.) Place in a bowl, add the remaining ingredients (except the oil), and mix well.
- In a deep fryer or deep heavy pot, heat the oil to 375ºF. Drop tablespoonfuls of the potato batter into the oil, and fry the fritters until nicely browned. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on brown paper. Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Potato Fritters / Frittelle di Patate - Episode 706.
No comments on this recipe.