Red Lentil Salad
Lentils are as tasty cool as they are warm, and are therefore a perfect bet in a pasta salad. In this case with tuna, and they’re red, which adds a pretty color contrast to the dish.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 pound whole wheat penne
- 1 cup drained cooked red lentils
- 8 ounces tuna packed in oil, drained and crumbled
- 2 carrots
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the carrots and boil them until soft; let them cool and dice them.
- In the meantime bring pasta water to a boil, salt it and cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain and transfer it to a bowl, and combine it with the remaining ingredients, seasoning it to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Chill the pasta salad for a half hour in the fridge and it's ready, though it will improve if chilled for a few hours more.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2405.