Red Wine Cake
- 2 sticks plus 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa powder
- 2 1/3 cups King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 5 1/4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly butter and dust with cocoa two 9-inch cake pans or one 10 1/2 inch round pan.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the order listed except for the chocolate. Fold the chocolate in by hand and pour the batter into the pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Cool on a cake rack. Remove the cake from pan and cool completely. Frost or dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Recipe featured in program 2520, Ciao Italia Classics
This recipe was featured on Season 25 - Episode 2520.