Ricotta and Lemon Fritters / Fritelle di Ricotta al Limone
Fried puffs of lemon scented dough go into this popular snack made for the feast days of saints.
Makes about 30
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey or sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Seed oil like sunflower or peanut oil to deep fry
- Sieve the ricotta into a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar or honey, lemon zest and vanilla together in another bowl. Then fold it into the ricotta.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and fold it into the ricotta mixture.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of the mixture into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve warm dusted with confectioner’s sugar.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2122.
No comments on this recipe.