Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Broccoli Rabe and Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large head cauliflower, leaves removed and cauliflower cut into thick round slices
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice one large lemon plus zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked broccoli rabe or other green of your choice (spinach, Swiss chard)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Brush a large non stick baking sheet with olive oil. Set aside Preheat oven to 400F
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Brush both sides of each slice of cauliflower with the mixture and place on pan.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 400F; lower heat to 350 F and continue roasting until caulflower is fork tender; turn once during cooking using two wide metal spatulas to turn the pieces.
- 5 minutes before taking them out of the oven, top the slices with some of the broccoli and sprinkle the tops with cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot