Roasted Kale Salad/Insalata di Cavolo Nero
- 2 bunches kale, stemmed, washed and dried
- 6 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 6 dried figs, diced (can also use cranberries)
- 1 ripe Anjou or Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon warm honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse grainy mustard
- Grinding black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Montasio Mezzano cheese curls
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss the kale with two tablespoons of the olive oil and place the leaves on a non-stick baking pan. Bake about 7-10 minutes or until the leaves are wilted but not browned.
- When cool crumble them into large pieces into a bowl. Add the almonds, figs and pear slices and toss gently.
- Whisk the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, and pepper. Pour over the salad and add the salt. Toss gently. Garnish with cheese curls.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2412.