Roasted Red and Yellow Pepper Salad / Insalata di Peperoni Arrostiti
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar, Balsamic preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Sorrel leaves for lining plate
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced basil or parsley
- Prepare the 4 peppers and set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix in the capers and raisins.
- Place the pepper slices in a single layer in a rectangular non-aluminum pan. Pour the dressing over the top. Cover and marinate the peppers at least 2 hours or refrigerate overnight and then bring them to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, line a serving platter with the sorrel leaves and place the peppers on the leaves. Sprinkle the basil over the top and serve with crusty bread or chips of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1610.
No comments on this recipe.