Sicilian Salad - Insalata Siciliana
Serves 4 to 6
This eye- as well as palate-pleasing citrus and lettuce salad takes its inspiration from Sicily. Crisp lettuce leaves are combined with tart pomegranate seeds and orange and grapefruit sections, all tossed in a dressing of fruity extra-virgin olive oil and orange juice.
- 1 head curly chicory or romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 1 large orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into small pieces
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, sectioned, and cut into small pieces
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Juice ofmedium orange
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Place the lettuce leaves in a bowl, and add the orange and grapefruit sections and pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and orange juice. Pour over the salad, sprinkle with salt, and toss gently. Serve immediately.
No comments on this recipe.