Spicy Antipasto Wrap
You won’t feel guilty eating this delicious, spicy, antipasto wrap! It is filled with things you would find on any typical antipasto like tomatoes in olive oil and sweet marinated bell peppers. Vary the filling too using eggplant, marinated zucchini, marinated mushrooms, even anchovies!
- 1 large roasted and marinated sweet red bell pepper cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 sun dried tomatoes in Filippo Berio olive oil, drained and cut into pieces
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese with peppercorns
- 1/2 cup arugula, shredded
- In a bowl combine the peppers, sun dried tomatoes and two tablespoons of the oil from the tomatoes. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- Place the romaine leaves on a cutting board and divide and sprinkle the cheese evenly over each leaf. Divide and spoon the pepper mixture evenly over the cheese. Divide and sprinkle the arugula over the pepper mixture.
- Roll each leaf up tightly on itself like a jelly roll. Stick a toothpick in the center of each wrap to hold it and place on a serving dish.
- Recipe can be doubled.
This recipe was featured on Spicy Antipasto Wrap - Episode 2015.
No comments on this recipe.