Spinach, Robiola, and Pear Salad / Insalata di Spinaci Robiola e Pere
Robiola cheese is a creamy combination of cow’s, sheep’s, or goat’s milk that is cooked and aged for twenty days. It is thought to have originated in Lombardia. Rich and smooth with the texture of brie, it is exquisite enjoyed on its own, but add it to this spinach and pear salad, and prepare to delight your taste buds.
- 4 cups fresh spinach, stemmed, washed, and dried
- 2 large ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 pound Robiola cheese, cut into bits
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Fine sea salt
- Place the spinach leaves in a salad bowl. Add the pear slices and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, and salt to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently. Serve immediately.
- CHEF’S SECRET: Keep sliced pears in lemon juice to prevent discoloring when preparing ahead.
No comments on this recipe.