Stuffed Chicken with Spinach and Gorgonzola
A simple but elegant dish that uses a few genuine ingredients.
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stemmed and rinsed
- 2 pounds chicken cutlets flattened to 1/8th inch thick
- 1/4 pound gorgonzola dolce, diced
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound diced pancetta
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kitchen string
- Cook the spinach without any additional water in a covered sauté pan until it just wilts. Drain, cool, squeeze dry and chop. Transfer to a bowl and add the cheese and nuts. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper the cutlets on both sides. Divide and spread the spinach mixture on the cutlets. Roll each one up and tie in several places with kitchen string.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the pancetta; cook until the pancetta renders its fat; transfer to a plate. In the drippings add the involtini and cook them until nicely browned, adding more oil if necessary. Transfer the involtini to a dish and keep warm.
- Raise the heat to high, add the wine and scrape up the bits in the pan; cook until the mixture begins to reduce and thicken; stir in the butter and smooth out the sauce.
- Remove the strings from the involtini; place on a platter and pour the sauce over the top.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2304.
No comments on this recipe.