White Asparagus, Bassano Style / Asparagi di Bassano del Grappa
- 2 pounds white asparagus, ends trimmed
- 8 eggs, boiled for soft boiled stage (minutes)
- 1 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Crack the eggs and scoop out the white and yolks which should be runny. Transfer the eggs to a mini food processor. Add enough of the olive oil through the feed tube to make a smooth sauce. Add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the asparagus upright tied together with kitchen string in a deep pot filled with boiling salted water to just 1 inch below the tips. Or cook them without bundling them in a large sauté pan until tender. Drain carefully and place them on a platter.
- Pour the sauce over the asparagus and serve.
This recipe was featured on White Asparagus, Bassano Style / Asparagi di Bassano del Grappa - Episode 2102.