Basil Infused Grilled Fruit Salad / La Frutte Grigliate
This lovely-to-look-at and even better-to-eat grilled fruit salad is just right as the ending to a summer meal.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Juice of two limes or lemons
- 2 tablespoons warm honey
- 3 large red or purple plums, cut in half
- 3 nectarines, cut in half
- 3 apricots cut in half
- Combine the water and sugar and salt in a small saucepan and cook until the mixture is clear and syrupy looking, about 5 minutes. Off the heat, add 8 basil leaves and allow them to steep for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid and set aside.
- Combine the lime juice and honey and set aside.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the fruit halves, cut side down, directly on the grill and brush with the lime mixture. Allow the fruit to cook until a few char marks appear. Transfer the fruit to a cutting board and cut into slices. Combine the slices in a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the syrup.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to individual fruit cups. Pour some of the syrup into each cup and garnish with a basil leaf.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2005.
This was a big hit with everyone. The basil gave the syrup a delicious taste which I found amazing. The next time I made it, I elevated the flavoring by adding mint. Minding blowing.