Black Olive Sauce / Salsa di Oliva Nera
MAKES 1 1/4 CUPS
Prepare this pungent sauce early in the day and let it sit at room temperature so the flavors develop. I serve it over farfalle, or butterfly-shaped macaroni, but any short macaroni will do.
- 7 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped black oil-cured olives (about 27 olives)
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the onion, and sauté over medium heat until the onion softens. Add the olives, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the parsley, and stir to blend. Let the sauce sit at room temperature several hours. When ready to use, reheat the sauce and pour it over pasta.
This recipe was featured on Season 6 - Episode 613.
No comments on this recipe.