Broccoli Rabe Sauce
MAKES ENOUGH TO SERVE WITH 1 1/2 TO 2 POUNDS PASTA
This sauce is excellent served with homemade orecchiette.
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/3 pound pancetta, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) hot red pepper flakes
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese for sprinkling
- Cook the broccoli rabe uncovered in 4 cups of salted, boiling, water for 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Coarsely chop the broccoli and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Sauté the garlic, onions, and pancetta together over medium heat, until the pancetta starts to brown. Add the broccoli rape, hot red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm while the pasta cooks.
- Serve over orecchiette or other chunky pasta. Pass the grated cheese for sprinkling after each person is served
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1613.