Chef Todd English's Fruit Mostarda / Mostarde di Frutta di Todd English
- INGREDIENTS2 pounds peaches, peeled and pitted, cut into sixths
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons large grain French mustard
- 2 ormustard leaves
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- DirectionsBring the sugar, mustard and water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the peaches and garlic. (Impale the garlic cloves on toothpicks. They will be discarded later and this will make them easier to remove.)
- Cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 hours or until the fluid is thickened and syrupy. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic. Store leftover mostarda in the refrigerator.
- This can be used as a glaze or eaten as a condiment. It's especially good with veal.
- Other fruits may be substituted or use a mixture of different fruits.
- Todd English presented this recipe on an episode of CIAO ITALIA. Watch the video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw2bm7qRdzw
This recipe was featured on Season 11 - Episode 1108.
No comments on this recipe.