Chicken Breasts Bologna Style / Petti di Pollo alla Bolognese
Need a quick fix for dinner? This is it! Chicken cutlets Bologna-style with prosciutto and cheese.
- INGREDIENTS1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup fresh toasted bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices proscuitto
- 4 slices Fontina cheese
- DIRECTIONSPound the cutlets to an even thickness.
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together on a plate. Dredge the cutlets in the flour, then coat them in the egg and cover them in the bread crumbs. Place them on a plate, uncovered in the refrigerator to dry at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help the bread crumbs to adhere to the meat.
- In a sauté pan large enough to hold the cutlets in a single layer, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Fry the cutlets in the butter, turning them over until well browned. Top each cutlet with a slice of prosciutto and a slice of Fontina. Cover with a lid and cook until the cheese melts.
- Serve on a bed of arugola dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.
This recipe was featured on Season 14 - Episode 1419.
No comments on this recipe.