A macedonia is an Italian fruit salad. It can be spiked with liquor or served with the juice of limes or lemons.
Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 honeydew melon, cut in half and seeded
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and cut in half
- 1 blood or navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 kiwi, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 10 (Bake the nuts at 350F forminutes.)
- Combine ginger and honey in a small saucepan. Heat it and keep it warm while you prepare the fruit.
- Put all the fruit into a medium sized bowl and pour the lemon or lime juice over it; mix well. Pour the warm honey mixture over the fruits and stir gently. Spoon the mixture into the honeydew halves and sprinkle some of the nuts over each one. Place the melon halves on a platter and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1815.
No comments on this recipe.