Mom's Walnut and Parsley Sauce / Salsa di Noci e Prezzemolo della Mamma
This walnut and parsley sauce is so easy to make and is a classic from my mother’s kitchen. She learned to make it from my grandmother who came from an area around Avellino where there were many nut trees.
Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 2/3 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grindingcoarse black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the garlic. Cook over medium heat until the garlic softens. Stir in the walnuts and parsley and cook an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- This sauce is enough to dress 1 pound of spaghetti or linguine.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1717.