Parsley Sauce / Salsa di Prezzemolo
Makes about 2 cups
When you need a quick hostess gift, make this elegant, eye-appealing parsley sauce. Delicious over grilled fish, scaloppine of veal, or pork, it is also the perfect cover for fettuccine, rice, or cooked vegetables such as zucchini and carrots or fresh summer corn. It will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Fine sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor or blender and pulse to make a smooth paste. With the motor running, drizzle in just enough olive oil to make a smooth but not too liquid sauce.
- Spoon the sauce into clean jars, cap and refrigerate until needed. The sauce will keep for 2 to 5 weeks.
- To serve, heat the sauce over medium heat until hot.
- The recipe is from CELEBRATIONS ITALIAN STYLE by Mary Ann Esposito, published by William Morrow and Company Inc., in 1995.
No comments on this recipe.