Weather’s nice and so is gelato; why not serve some over a slice of toasted pound cake, either homemade or store-bought.
Heap on your favorite gelato and add some colorful fruit like raspberries and pineapple. Make a raspberry coulis (sauce to jazz it up)
- One half pint (1 cup ) raspberries, gently washed and dried
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Puree the berries in a food processor or blender until very smooth. Strain the juice in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl; discard the seeds and residue pulp.
- Stir the sugar and lemon juice into the bowl with the raspberry puree. I store the sauce in plastic squeeze bottles, then decorate the plates of spumone just before serving.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator.
No comments on this recipe.